This “tag” has been making its way through the blogging community, and although I haven’t been officially tagged, I was invited to join in by Tabitha from Not Yet Read and Danya from Fine Print! It’s always fun to take a peek behind the blogger and see another side to that person, and I had fun answering these questions.
FOUR NAMES THAT PEOPLE CALL ME
2. Tamara (my real name, but I am rarely called Tamara these days)
3. Mom (by my kids, of course!)
4. Tam (by my husband)
FOUR JOBS THAT I HAVE HELD
1. McDonald’s crew chief (yeah, baby, I was IN CHARGE!)
2. Private English teacher in Tokyo
3. Pianist for a ballet class
4. Hostess at a Tokyo Korean club for men (I was one of five gaijin (foreigners) amidst a bunch of Korean women). My job was to sit at a table full of Japanese businessmen and mix drinks for them, talk to them (mostly in English, because they wanted to practice it!) and light their cigarettes. I got paid cash under the table and pretty much hated every moment of that job. But at least I had spending money!
FOUR MOVIES I HAVE WATCHED MORE THAN ONCE
1. Pride & Prejudice (with Kiera Knightly).
2. All the Harry Potter movies
3. Love Actually because who doesn’t love that movie??
4. Serenity (because duh, Firefly, Nathan Fillion!)
FOUR BOOKS I’D RECOMMEND
Like I need to recommend these again:
1. Stephen King’s The Dark Tower series (OK, so it’s seven books!)
2. Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons
3. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
4. The Secret History by Donna Tartt
FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED
1. Tokyo, Japan (for a year in college)
2. Los Angeles, CA (forever!)
3. Redlands, CA (in college)
4. Ridgecrest, CA (where I was born)
Obviously I don’t get around much…those are all four of the places I have ever lived!
FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN
1. London. I’ve been twice, and it’s one of my favorite cities.
2. Paris. In high school, my French club took a trip to France, and it was amazing!
3. Bali. I took a trip to Southeast Asia during my year in Japan, and ended up in Bali.
4. Thailand. Another place I got to visit during my year in Japan. All I can say is SPICY FOOD!!!
FOUR PLACES I’D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW
1. In a cozy cabin in the mountains, with my dogs and a fire in the fireplace, and a stack of books, of course!
2. In Morro Bay, CA, which is my favorite place in the world.
3. Anywhere that isn’t at work.
4. In a really big bookstore with lots of spare cash and an entire day to explore.
FOUR THINGS I DON’T EAT
1. ONIONS!! Raw or cooked, I can smell an onion a mile away, and I just don’t allow them in my house.
2. Bell Peppers – seriously, they are the “colorful filler” for many dishes, and I feel just as strongly about them as I do about onions.
3. Bananas, oranges, MSG, nuts (they are all migraine triggers)
4. Under-cooked meat. I do love a good steak or hamburger now and then, but only if it’s been cooked to death. Well-done, people! Well done.
FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS
1. Pasta. As long as it doesn’t have onions in it:-D
2. Chicken pot pies. I have some funny stories about chicken pot pies, but probably no one cares but me, ha ha:-D
3. Chocolate! Mostly Hershey’s Kisses with Almonds
4. Sweet Leaf tea. It’s truly amazing—pricey, but amazing!
FOUR TV SHOWS THAT I’VE WATCHED
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You do know the name of my blog, right?
2. Bones. Again…(see above)
3. Castle. Because NATHAN FILLION people!
4. Angel. Because DAVID BOREANAZ people!!
FOUR THINGS THAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS YEAR
1. San Diego Comic Con in July!
2. Going on some college tours with my kids.
3. Seeing my daughter’s Choir Pop Show in March, because she’s been working so hard.
4. The end of the school year in May. I know, how depressing! But this has been a really rough year for my kids, with me going back to work and both of them in high school, plus my daughter is in a very high stress choir program at school. I’ll be glad when they can relax for a bit!
FOUR THINGS THAT I AM ALWAYS SAYING
1. “Has anyone seen my keys?”
2. Closely followed by “The first person to find my keys gets $5!!!” (Yes, I am always losing my keys!)
3. “Who made this mess???!!”
4. “Who wants a jerky?” (to my dogs)
So, do we have anything in common? I’m supposed to tag four people, but how about instead you just consider yourself tagged, if you’d like to participate?