Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where bloggers are given a theme each week to write a top ten list about. I love these seasonal top tens, where we get to highlight our top ten books for the coming few months. For my purposes here, I am using the definition of “fall” as books that are being released in September, October or November. Many of these I have already talked about, but I want to highlight them all at the same time, so here we go: in order of release date, my Top Ten Books on my Fall TBR (click on the titles to go to Goodreads):
1. City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett. Released on September 9th. I may be reading this by the time this post comes out! I’m so freaking excited about this book, I haven’t heard a single negative thing about it:-)
2. The Shotgun Arcana by R.S. Belcher. Releases October 7th. I also have a copy of this book from Tor, I’m looking forward to continuing the second book in Belcher’s western fantasy series.
3. The Lesser Dead by Christopher Buehlman. Releases on October 7th. This vampire story has been getting lots of positive buzz, and since I’m all about positive buzz, of course I’m going to check it out!
4. The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters. Releases October 14th. I have an eARC of this book, which I hope to start very soon.
5. The Wilds by Julia Elliott. Releases October 14th. I’ve heard great things about this quirky short story collection. I’m always on the lookout for brilliant short stories, so I’m hoping this will fit the bill.
6. Sublime by Christina Lauren. Releases on October 14. I snagged a copy of the ARC at Comic Con, and I’m super excited to read this ghost story. And it’s one of my favorite covers this year!
7. Into Darkness by J.T. Geissinger. Releases on October 21. This is the sixth and last book in an amazing series, and I’m going to be sad when I turn that last page!
8. Black Dog by Caitlin Kittredge. Releases on October 28. This is the first in a new urban fantasy series, and I’m excited to have an eARC to read next month!
9. Revival by Stephen King. Releases November 11. I chose to show the UK cover rather than the US one, because this one is so much better. In any case, new Stephen King, yay!
10. Endsinger by Jay Kristoff. Releases November 25. Last but certainly not least, I am beyond excited to read the last in Jay’s wonderful, bloody and beautiful Japanese steampunk series.
Are you excited about any of these books? I’d love to read your Top Ten list as well!