It’s another fun Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This week I’m specifically highlighting my most anticipated releases for winter, which for me means books releasing in December, January or February. I hate repeating myself, so this is a completely different list from last week, which was my Top Ten Most Anticipated Books of 2014. Books are listed in order of their release date, and clicking on the book cover will take you to the Goodreads page:
1. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner. Release date: December 10 2013 TODAY! (Disney Hyperion). I’m regretting my decision to not request this from NetGalley. All my blogging buddies have read and adored it, and I sort of feel left out! Maybe I’ll get a copy for Christmas!
2. Shadowplay (Pantomime #2) by Laura Lam. Release date: January 2 2014 (Strange Chemistry). I loved the unique fantasy elements of Lam’s Pantomime, and I’m looking forward to more of them in this second book.
3. Unhinged (Splintered #2) by A.G. Howard. Release date: January 7 2014 (Amulet). I loved loved loved Splintered, and I snuck a peek at this book and I’m already falling in love with the characters, all over again! I’m going to read it soon.
4. The Line by J.D. Horn. Release date: January 7 2014 (47North). I’m so glad to have received a copy from the author for review. But boy, January is looking really busy for me!
5. The Unbound (The Archived #2) by Victoria Schwab. Release date: January 28 2014 (Hyperion). I recently read The Archived and loved it! I’m dying to dive back into Mackenzie’s and Wesley’s complicated stories.
6. Her Dark Curiosity (The Madman’s Daughter #2) by Megan Shepherd. Release date: January 28 2014 (Balzer + Bray). Here’s another Book 2! 2014 is going to bring lots of follow-up books for 2013’s debut authors.
7. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge. Release date: January 28 2014 (Balzer + Bray). This Beauty and the Beast retelling has me intrigued. Plus check out the amazing cover!
8. Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer. Release date: February 4 2014 (Feiwel & Friends). Although I still haven’t had time to read Scarlet, I am dying to read Cress.
9. Alienated by Melissa Landers. Release date: February 4 2014 (Disney Hyperion). I’ve heard great things about this book, and if it’s anywhere near as good as the cover, I’ll be happy!
10. The Museum of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman. Release date: February 18 2014 (Scribner). It looks like this is the only adult book on my list. Not sure how I feel about that! I’m definitely going to need an adult book by the time I get to February, LOL! Alice Hoffman is one of my favorite authors, and this looks amazing.
That’s my list. Did any of these make your top ten list? Don’t forget to check out my giveaways on the sidebar!