It’s Tuesday, and time for another awesome Top Ten list! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This is the time of year when book bloggers struggle to choose our favorite books of the year, as well as the books we’re most looking forward to in the new year. I just looked at last year’s Most Anticipated post, and I’m sorry to say that I only managed to read four of the ten books I was looking forward to! I’m not going to let that happen this year, I swear! This list only includes books that already have a book cover, because I don’t like to talk about books that don’t. I personally need the visual, and I’m sure many of you do to. So here is my list of Most Anticipated Books of 2014, in order of release date (clicking on the book image will take you to Goodreads):
1. Acid by Emma Pass. Release date: March 11 2014. This is one of those books that came out in the UK first, and I was confused by the U.S. release date. But now that we have a firm date, I’m very happy. I’ve been following Emma’s blog since I heard about the UK release, and I feel like I know her!
2. Under Nameless Stars (Zenn Scarlett #2) by Christian Schoon. Release date: April 1 2014. I loved Zenn Scarlett, particularly the unique and imaginative world that Schoon created. I look forward to more of Zenn’s adventures.
3. The Ophelia Prophecy by Sharon Lynn Fisher. Release date: April 1 2014. Ah, science fiction romance! What a fun genre, and Sharon Lynn Fisher does it really well. I loved Ghost Planet, and I can’t wait to read more SLF!
4. High & Dry by Sarah Skilton. Release date: April 15 2014. Here’s another second book by a 2013 debut author. Sarah’s Bruised was a powerful young adult contemporary, and her second book looks very different, but just as good.
5. Morningside Fall (Legends of the Duskwalker #2) by Jay Posey. Release date: April 29 2014. Oh boy. The first book in this series, Three, blew me away. In fact, it won one of my top *awards* here on the blog, my Crystal Chandelier Award of Awesome. I’m unbelievably excited about this book, but also worried because of *something that happens at the end but I can’t say because it’s a spoiler*
6. Hexed by Michelle Krys. Release date: June 10 2014. This already has some stellar reviews on Goodreads. That alone makes me want to read it, but it’s also about witches, a subject I can’t get enough of.
7. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings. Release date: June 10 2014. Don’t you love this cover? It just screams “murder,” doesn’t it?? This is a futuristic YA, “for fans of La Femme Nikita.”
8. Rebel Nation (Viral Nation #2) by Shaunta Grimes. Release date: July 1 2014. I just featured this on a Waiting on Wednesday, and it’s definitely up there in the top ten!
9. Full Fathom Five (Craft Sequence #3) by Max Gladstone. Release date: July 15 2014. I almost fell over when I saw this cover this past week! I mean, I just read Two Serpents Rise, and the publisher already has a cover for the next book! Max is one of my favorite writers, and I can’t wait for this one. Plus, I’m dying to know who those people on the cover are. Goodreads doesn’t have a description for this yet, so I guess I’ll just have to wait.
10. Armada by Ernest Cline. Release date: October 7 2014. This might be the book I’m most excited about on this list. Ready Player One is still one of my all-time faves, and I’m curious to see what Cline does next.
Are any of these on your top ten list? Let me know!