Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and today’s Top Ten is so much fun! Since I’m participating in The Hobbitsies Debut Author Challenge, I’m on the lookout for exciting YA debuts! I’ve already done a post on the reading challenges I’m participating in this year, and I’ve listed the books I want to read, but even since then I’ve come across more debuts that look fantastic. So instead of rehashing my Reading Challenge post, I’m adding some different books to this list. This Top Ten in no way covers all the debuts I’m looking forward to (there are so many!), it’s just a sampling. Here are my Top Ten, in order of release date (click on the titles to go to Goodreads):
1. Blaze by Laurie Boyle Crompton. Release date: February 1 2013 (Sourcebooks Fire). I just recently discovered this book, and it sounds like so much fun. Plus, click here to go to the author’s website and see a video of Laurie opening her box of books and seeing Blaze for the first time! So cute!
2. Pantomime by Laura Lam. Release date: February 5 2013 (Strange Chemistry). I’m super excited about this circus tale, and I have an eARC from the publisher ready to read.
3. Bruised by Sarah Skilton. Release date: March 5 2013 (Amulet/Abrams). I just won an ARC of Bruised, so I’m really excited to read it.
4. The Murmurings by Carly Anne West. Release date: March 5 2013 (Simon Pulse). This looks like a very creepy and atmospheric book that deals with a girl who is hearing voices.
5. In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters. Release date: April 2 2013 (Amulet Books). I just won an ARC of this book, too! I hit the jackpot on A.G. Howard’s giveaway. This is a ghost story that takes place during World War I.
6. Arclight by Josin L. McQuein. Release date: April 23 2013 (Greenwillow Books). I chose this as a Waiting on Wednesday a few months ago, and I’m still as excited as ever to read it. Don’t you love the cover??
7. Acid by Emma Pass. Release date: April 25 2013 (Corgi Children’s Books/Random House Children’s Publishing). Here’s another WoW pick! I love the kick-ass girl on the cover, and even though the story description is pretty vague, I can just tell by the cover it’s going to be good:)
8. Reboot by Amy Tintera. Release date: May 7 2013 (Harper Teen). This science fiction story looks like a lot of fun, and I’m glad to see more and more YA science fiction titles coming out.
9. The Oathbreaker’s Shadow by Amy McCulloch. Release date: June 6 2013 (Random House Children’s Publishing). The cover for this book was just revealed, and I love it. This is the first of two books, and it looks like a fantasy with lots of action.
10. Gated by Amy Christine Parker. Release date: August 27 2013 (Random House Children’s Publishing). I can’t believe it, but I won an ARC of this book, too! I swear, I never win anything, I’ve just had a recent stroke of luck. I believe this dystopian used to be called The Silo, and the name has changed.
I sincerely hope these are all debuts! I tried to check carefully, but you never know. What 2013 debuts are you excited about? Please leave me a link in the comments!