I knew when I was planning out my posts for this month that I just had to do a list of some kind, and because I’ve been adding so many awesome looking young adult science fiction books to my Goodreads list, I decided to turn it into a top ten list. These books are all either stand-alones or the first in a series, so anyone can jump right in! Click on the titles to go to Goodreads, and you can add them to your TBR as well:-D Here they are—ten 2016 YA Sci-Fi books that are on my radar (Listed in order of release date):
1. We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson. Releases January 19th from Simon Pulse. The world is going to end in 144 days, and aliens give a boy the chance to either stop it from ending—or let it happen.
2. The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie. Releases February 8th from Flux. Genetically engineered sea monsters and pirates? Definitely my kind of story:-)
3. Bluescreen by Dan Wells. Releases February 16th from Balzer + Bray. A near-future cyber thriller where a virtual drug called Bluescreen can give you a safe high. Yeah, right.
4. Beyond the Red by Ava Jae. Releases March 1st from Sky Pony Press. An alien queen and a rebel half-blood are framed for assassination and go on the run.
5. On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis. Releases March 8th from Amulet Books. A comet is about to hit earth, and an autistic girl longs to join the generation ship that will preserve life after the comet arrives. An autistic MC!! That’s awesome:-)
6. The Black Disc by David Ramírez. Releases March 24 from Hodder & Stoughton. I haven’t seen a US release date yet, but check out the cool UK cover! A girl with an online secret life as a hacktivist faces the end of the world.
7. Dark Energy by Robison Wells. Releases March 29 from Harper Teen. An alien invasion story that takes place near a boarding school in the Midwest.
8. Mr. Fahrenheit by T. Michael Martin. Releases April 19th from Balzer + Bray. I’m super excited for this story, about a group of boys who accidentally shoot down a flying saucer.
9. Gifted by H.A. Swain. Releases June 14th from Feiwel & Friends. This sounds great! A naturally gifted musician meets a genetically enhanced musician and the sparks fly.
10. Vicarious by Paula Stokes. Releases August 16th from Tor Teen. This sci-fi thriller sounds amazing: Korean sisters work as digital stunt girls for a corporation that sells thrilling virtual experiences.
Looks like 2016 is going to be an amazing year for young adult science fiction! Let me know if you’re planning to read any of these:-D