Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and this week’s topic is very easy for me, unfortunately. (Unfortunately because there are so many series I want to start but haven’t had time to fit in.) I’m breaking the rules a bit, because not all of these can be considered “new,” but they are all definitely series that I am determined to get to soon. Here are my Top Ten New(ish) Series I Want to Start:
1. American Vampire series by M. L. Brennan. I just purchased the first two books, and I’m determined to read the first one this month.
2. Miriam Black series by Chuck Wendig. It’s a crying shame I haven’t read these books, being the huge Wendig fan that I am. I think I own all of them, too, so there really isn’t any excuse. Plus, Chuck just got an awesome book deal with the new Simon & Schuster imprint, Saga Press, who is re-releasing the books, and will be publishing three new ones!
3. Paradox series by Rachel Bach. I bought all three of these books after reading many gushing reviews, and I can’t wait to start!
4. Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMeer. Here’s another series where I own the first two books but haven’t made time to read them yet.
5. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. I bought the first book when it came out, and since then it’s been gathering dust *weep*. I hear this series is a must-read, and I know lots of bloggers who love it. The fourth book in the series has not been titled yet (as far as we know).
6. The Others series by Anne Bishop. Oh how much I want to read these books! I might have purchased the first one, but I honestly don’t know, and I’d have to search through many many piles to find out.
7. The Last Policeman series by Ben H. Winters. This series about an asteroid that is about to hit earth has received some very good reviews.
8. The Golden City series by J. Kathleen Cheney. I won the first two books in a giveaway (yay!) so they are right here waiting for me. Book three comes out next year but doesn’t have cover art yet.
9. The Gentleman Bastard series by Scott Lynch. Everyone, and I mean everyone, seems to love The Lies of Locke Lamora, so of course this series is on my list!
10. Reckoners series by Brandon Sanderson. You may think the more obvious Sanderson choice is The Way of Kings (which I haven’t read either), but I decided to choose his superhero series instead.
So there you have it. I’d love to hear if you’ve started (or finished) any of these series.