Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. What a fun theme this week! I’m curious to see what other non-book sites book bloggers like to read. Here are my top ten blogs/sites:
1. The Fire Wire: http://firewireblog.com. I love this blog! Larry Fire is a geek like me, and he finds the coolest information on the internet about popular culture and brings it all to his blog. I am an email subscriber, so I know that he often posts as many as 5-8 new posts per day. And they are all pretty cool.
2. The Bloggess: http://thebloggess.com. Word of warning: if you are offended by bad language, best not to visit this site. I love Jenny Lawson! She’s hysterically funny. She’s got a book out called Let’s Pretend This Never Happened which I haven’t read but I plan to some day. She seems to really like Nathan Fillion, and you can read one of my favorite posts here.
3. Patrick Rothfuss, Pat’s Blog: http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com. Yes I know, Pat Rothfuss is a writer, and this top ten is supposed to be about other things. But Pat talks about lots of stuff on his blog in addition to books. He’s pretty geeky too. If you visit his blog you may discover lots of fun things that you didn’t even know existed! He also loves Joss Whedon, which is my book makes him a god.
4. Martin Millar’s Blog: http://martin-millar.blogspot.com. OK I do have a few writers listed here. But only because they have lots to say about non-book related things. Martin lives in London and he loves English punk rock from the 70’s. He talks about the Sex Pistols a lot. Plus he’s a huge Buffy fan! He’s a fantastic humorous fantasy and horror writer, too. But we’re not talking about that today…
5. dafont.com: http://dafont.com. I love fonts. Words cannot express how much I love fonts! Maybe if I wrote those words down and used fonts that I love, then words would express how much I love fonts. I love free fonts even more. Not all the fonts on dafont are free, but many are. If you’re looking for something different in the font department, you must go to dafont.com!
6. Geek & Sundry – The Flog: http://theflog.geekandsundry.com. Felicia Day was an actor on Buffy during Season 7. She was one of the many “potential slayers” of that season. After that she got semi-famous and was the heroine on Joss Whedon’s Dr. Horrible’s Singalong Blog. She’s done a bunch of other stuff, including a web video series called The Guild, which is pretty funny, especially if you are a gamer. The Flog is her own personal video blog, and it’s pretty funny too. Check out this episode, where she talks about Steampunk and visits a Steampunk clothing store (that just happens to be right in my own backyard!).
7. Whedonesque: http://whedonesque.com. That’s right, folks: Joss Whedon, king of all things wonderful. This site collects internet stories from all over and puts them in one convenient place for Whedonites to view. It incorporates every actor who has ever been involved in a Joss Whedon project, and references all his past and current projects as well (yes, that includes Buffy!) Check it out, you know you want to…
8. Hit or Miss Movies: http://www.hitormissmovies.com. This one is kind of cheating. I actually know Miss Movies! Miss Movies is her alternate ego. In real life she’s someone else…sorry, I can’t tell you who! Anyway, she knows a lot about movies. She has a very cool podcast series on iTunes called Miss Movies Minute.
9. TeeFury: http://www.teefury.com. I love this website, but it’s also a bit frustrating. They have this daily special t-shirt design, but they only sell the shirt for 24 hours, so if you miss that window, you can’t buy the shirt. I found a cool Buffy shirt once but I didn’t know about the 24 hour thing. Oh well. You can also submit your own t-shirt design and they might use it. Cool.
10. Rachel Ray: http://www.rachaelray.com. I had to put at least one cooking website here, right? I love Rachel Ray, I love her show, and I love a lot of her recipes. I have to admit I don’t really like to cook very much, but watching Rachel Ray always inspires me to try something new. Now whenever I cook pasta I always say “Everyone in the hot tub!”
So, what blogs/sites do you like to read??